portes du soleil Ski area and maps
[Opening dates of the Avoriaz ski area for the Winter 2023/24 season]
[From December 15th to April 21rd]
Avoriaz 1800 is right in the heart of Portes du Soleil, one of the largest crossborder ski areas in the world, where 12 French and Swiss resorts are linked together.
Portes du Soleil
The Portes du Soleil offers:
- 12 resorts connected between France and Switzerland.
- 600 km of slopes suitable for all levels.
- 209 ski lifts.
- 308 slopes.
- 30 equipped areas (snowparks, snowcross, playful slopes…)
Avoriaz is fortunate to have a central position in the Portes du Soleil. You can easily access the entire ski area!
The resort of Avoriaz 1800 provides access to an exceptional playground of more than 600 km slopes to suit all levels, where skiers can play at mountain leapfrog between 2 countries.
The ski area links up 12 resorts, offering multiple possibilities and endless landscapes shared by forests, beautiful wide slopes and fun areas galore. There’s something for every taste.
Food lovers and sun-terrace seekers will be delighted by the 90 restaurants dotted across the ski area, and the culinary culture exchanged with Switzerland just 2 ski lifts away. Be warned, you’ll have trouble making up your mind, especially when it comes to choosing between Swiss fondue and fondue savoyarde…
Avoriaz 1800 occupies a central location in the Portes du Soleil ski area, which means you can explore at will between Switzerland, Châtel and Morzine with the help of just a few ski lifts.
For novice skiers and children, there are plenty of green and blue slopes that start at the resort, so you can gently progress at your own pace while exploring the surrounding area. The Lil’Stash snowpark, tree huts and self-service barbecue area are easy to reach – just choose between the two slopes – a green and a blue – that lead straight there from the resort.
Opening and closing times of the ski lifts and slopes for winter 2023/24 :
coming soon !
Discover the weather report and the domain opening live !
- Connect to your account (or create it if you don’t have one)
- Choose your package (resort, date, duration…)
- Enter the card number during the « order » step
- Finalise your order
Where to buy your magnetic card ?
Sports stores: Absolu Sports, Mirfamose Skiset, Skimium Avoriaz Sports and Ski Shop Avoriaz.
Ski school : Évolution 2
Other places: Tourist Office and ski lift ticket office.
AvoriazUp and down
The entire Avoriaz ski area in your pocket with the « Avoriaz Up&Down » app
Avoriaz Up&Down proposes a host of features and services for visitors to the ski area of Avoriaz.
- Live information (slope openings/closures, weather report, snow cover, avalanche risk, webcams, etc.)
- A guidance feature to get you from one point in the ski area to another without stress
- Itinerary suggestions and points of interest to ensure you don’t miss any of those mountain pleasures
- Ski lift queues in real time, perfect for smart skiers
- A geolocated*, interactive map to get your bearings on the slopes
- Detailed statistics on your skiing behaviour
- The chance to be filmed by automatic cameras placed in certain areas, and receive your video directly via the app
- For your safety, an SOS feature with a geolocated* alert function
Download it free on your smartphone!
Avoriaz slopes not to be missed
Among the many slopes in Avoriaz, some are iconic and captivate the imagination of numerous skiers! Let us introduce you to the slopes that are an absolute must when you come to stay in Avoriaz!
Discover the top 5 freeride and backcountry spots in the Avoriaz ski area!
FOR ALL YOUR SKIING NEEDS
Ski and snowboard schools
Open all season long, the ski schools of Avoriaz 1800 invite you to discover the joys of wintersports, or perfect your technique in a specific area.