Cycling in all its forms
in the Alps
Elevated to 1,800 metres, Avoriaz is an excellent playground for cycling fans! So grab your bike and take to the mountain roads and passes that take you exploring the entire region!
Located on the Route des Grandes Alpes, Morzine-Avoriaz is well equipped to make cyclists feel welcome. The Route des Grandes Alpes stretches for 720 kilometres between Lake Geneva and the Mediterranean Sea, crossing 18 legendary cols along the way.
The place to be for cyclists
• 16 mapped itineraries
• 25 cols within 50 km
• 22 times host to stages of the Tour de France cycle race
• Close to the Lake Geneva loop itinerary
• Routes ranging from 30 to 150km with varying levels of difficulty
• Incredibly varied landscape: forests, mountain pastures, lakes, rivers, etc.
For each itinerary, a detailed description is available indicating the distance, elevation range, average duration and places to find drinking water.
Tips for cycling in the Chablais region
• Check the weather forecast before you leave by calling Chamonix Météo on 08 99 71 02 74 (recorded weather report) or consulting the website www.chamonix-meteo.com
• Find out beforehand about roadworks. These are generally carried out in spring or autumn and certain passes may be closed or difficult to negotiate, especially on the descent. Call +33 (0)4 50 66 10 74 or visit the website www.cg74.fr
• Some mountain passes are closed in winter. Find out which cols are open on the website www.cols-cyclisme.com/ouverture-cols.htm
• Save the international search and rescue number on your mobile phone: 112
• Take a repair kit with you to be prepared in the event of a puncture or broken chain
• Carry a basic first-aid kit: disinfectant compresses, anti-blister dressings and an elasticated bandage can come in handy
• Take sufficient food and drink with you
• Take a warm, windproof garment for the descent. You might appreciate a change of clothes after a long climb.
Morzine – Avoriaz cycling
A whole website devoted to cycling! Ideal before taking to the saddle, this website contains all the information you’ll need about products and services available to cyclists in Morzine – Avoriaz, including a wide choice of itineraries leaving from Morzine. Organise your excursion with the help of the route maps and descriptions including distances, elevation ranges, profiles, estimated durations, etc.
You’ll also find a list of accommodation and shops carrying the « Accueil Vélo » seal of approval awarded to bike-friendly establishments, as well as upcoming professional events and competitions open to the general public…
Or why not join the STRAVA Morzine Mountain Cycling Club and take part in various challenges to win prizes and free registrations for local cycle races !
Silence is part of the beauty of the mountains, especially if, like me, you’re used to all the commotion of crowded cols during the Tour de France! « To get the most out of cycling, you must learn to pace yourself on the way up and to be extremely careful on the way down. »
Services and facilities
The professionals of Avoriaz 1800 are on hand to help you.
Find all the services provided by the professionals of Avoriaz >>here<<
Discover all our great deals for low-priced holidays and accommodation offers from our partners.
Hurry, book your stay now!