MOUNTAIN BIKING AT PORTES DU SOLEIL
Our playground for cyclists is made up of 12 Franco-Swiss resorts sharing more than 600 km of mountain bike trails and 19 ski lifts.
An area for unlimited cycling. Nowhere else in the world will you be able to ride across such a vast area, connected at every point, using a single package. You can enjoy connected cross-country and downhill routes, managed bike parks, fun areas, beginner areas and picnic areas with barbecues available, etc. Whether cycling along a riverside path or all together as a family on trails which were stages in the World Cup, mountain biking here is accessible to all levels and in unspoilt surroundings with a wide range of landscapes, including valleys, forests, alpine pastures, rocky areas and along mountain streams, etc.
Mountain biking in Avoriaz comprises:
- 14 downhill trails through alpine pastures and forests, including 2 bike parks
- 3 endurance trails
- 11 trails specifically for e-bikes
- 1 cross-country trail
- 1 wooden pump track in the resort centre for all levels
- 1 new blue trail in the Seraussaix area: this trail is a lot of fun and involves multiple jumps
- 1 flat price for the ski lifts to access this area and all its amenities
- 3 mountain biking schools
- Amazing landscapes: fir tree forests, lakes and streams, alpine pastures and meadows.
A shuttle to take mountain bikers from la ferme de Seraussaix to Avoriaz is available from 11:00-13:00 and 14:00-17:00 Sunday to Friday. Situated on the Grandes Alpes trail, Morzine-Avoriaz offers a package deal on arrival to cyclists.
MOUNTAIN BIKING SCHOOLS
If you want to have a go at mountain biking in Haute-Savoie, the Avoriaz resort offers a beginners’ class for downhill mountain biking in one of its 3 schools. You could also take part in an improvers’ course to fine-tune your skills. For children, the bike park d’initiation (beginners’ bike park) is in the centre of the same village of Avoriaz, and is completely car-free.
THIS RESORT IS 100% PEDESTRIAN, 110% ‘BIKE’
- Entirely pedestrianised, Avoriaz can be crossed north to south or east to west entirely by bike.
- Washing facilities available at the foot of buildings.
- Bike repairs and servicing on site