Up & Down Climb the mountains
Observe the beauty of the snowy landscape
A real breath of fresh air.
This mini adventure is a real breath of fresh air. Here, at Avoriaz 1800 we love this activity and sometimes we even go for a quick expedition during our lunch break.
This year is a strange one, so why not try out something new. If you’ve wanted to try ski-touring for a long time, you’ve got no more excuses, this is the year to try it.
Ski-touring with skis or on a splitboard (for snowboarders), it’s time to try a more easy-going mountain adventure, one where you respect the environment, one that is free-of-charge, and one where the efforts of the uphill climb are rewarded with a thrilling descent. A sport where you take the time to admire the natural surroundings, go at your own pace, and work your hamstrings, thighs and arms all at the same time.
For many, this sport is all about adventure, the wilderness, the ultimate sport of the mountains. The unique feeling of being in a place where nobody has been before, or where nobody dares to venture. But while a ski-touring adventure sounds so appealing, make sure you take all the necessary precautions! Here is a list of guides and equipment rental shops for everything you’ll need for your end-of-year outings.
GO SKI-TOURING FOR CHRISTMAS
The ski area is closed so skiers will be going out at their own risk. We recommend checking the weather forecast and risks of avalanche before setting off. We also recommend you take the right safety equipment (avalanche transceiver, shovel, probe, ABS rucksack, etc.).
To make life easier for skiers, the itineraries in the following sectors will be groomed and made safe to use:
– Start : Prodains ➡️ Avoriaz : ascent and descent on the Crôt slope ;
– Start : Avoriaz ➡️ Arare : ascent and descent on the Bleue du Lac slope;
– Start Ardent ➡️ Crêtes des Lindarets : ascent and descent on the Parchets and Combe à Floret slopes ;
– Start : Lindaret village ➡️ Chaux-Fleurie : ascent and descent on the Grand Plan slope;
– Start : Lindarets village des ➡️ Crêtes des Lindarets : ascent and descent on the Stash slopes. There is the maintenance of a new module every week ;
– Start : From the Proclou ski lift ➡️ Amara sector: ascent and descent on the Proclou slope. Initiation/discovery itinerary.
Ski-touring is authorised on these trails between 9am and 4pm
Outside of these times, access to the ski-touring trails is forbidden, mainly because this is when the trails of the ski area are prepared and maintained and so it could be dangerous for you (grooming, machinery on the slopes, avalanche blasting, etc.).
Other than those mentioned above, the other ski-touring itineraries that are usually available in the ski area will remain closed.