Avoriaz 1800 Ski touring
Are you a nature lover in search of wide open spaces? Try ski touring !
So what is ski touring ? It’s travelling across mountainous countryside… on skis! Instead of hiking shoes you’ll need specific equipment: articulated shoes, lighter skis, dual-position bindings (uphill/downhill) and synthetic “sealskins” to give grip to your skis. Then you’re ready for the great outdoors, to follow the effort of the climb with a very enjoyable descent.
Avoriaz 1800 has 3 trails set aside entirely for ski touring skiers and leading to the legendary Arare ridge! Starting at Place Jean Vuarnet or the bottom of the Prodains Express cable car, follow the specific waymarkers. Remember to equip yourself with suitable gear and take with you a snack and a thermos of hot tea to enjoy at the summit!
What about snowboarders?
The splitboard has become fairly popular over the last few years. The splitboard is a specific type of snowboard which divides lengthways into two pieces that are used with sealskins on uphill slopes. The pieces are then put back together and used as a snowboard on the descent across untouched, wide open spaces covered in powder snow.
Find the marked trails for ski touring :
– Start : at the bottom of the Prodains cable car ➡️ at the top of the prodains’ cable car : ascent and descent on the Crôt slope ;
– Start : at the top of the prodains’ cable car ➡️ Arare : ascent and descent on the Bleue du Lac slope;
– Start : at the bottom of the Prodains gondola lift ➡️ at the top of Crêtes des Lindarets : ascent and descent on the Parcheys and Combe à Floret slopes ;
– Start : Lindarets village ➡️ at the top of Crêtes des Lindarets : ascent and descent on the Stash slopes. There is the maintenance of a new module every week ;
– Start : Lindarets village ➡️ at the top of the chairlift of Chaux-Fleurie : ascent and descent on the Grand Plan slope ;
– Start : at the bottom of the Proclou chairlift ➡️ Amara sector (Avoriaz resort): ascent and descent on the Proclou slope. Initiation/discovery itinerary.
Avoriaz Up&Down offers a large number of features and services to users of the Avoriaz ski area.
– All the live information (slopes opening, weather, snow, avalanche risk, webcams…)
– Itinerary details
– An itinerary function to reach 2 points in the ski area in total serenity.
– Suggestions of routes and points of interest so that you don’t miss out on any of the pleasures of the mountains.
– A geolocalized* and interactive map to help you find your way around the trails.
– An SOS function with geolocalized call* for its security
Download it for free on your mobile!
*The continuous use of GPS can considerably reduce the autonomy of your phone.
Our professionals accompany you
Cross-country skiing and splitboarding are mountain sports. They require suitable equipment, knowledge of the mountain environment, and skiing/snowboarding techniques of at least intermediate level. If in doubt, ask a professional to accompany you in order to ensure your safety.