in a vehicle-free resort
Follow the guide for a smooth arrival in this resort with a difference.
Avoriaz 1800 is Europe’s only fully pedestrianised resort. Forget pavements. Here, your feet stay firmly on the grass and on streets where mountain bikers meet pedestrians and hikers. A children’s paradise with a unique atmosphere.
The « Resort Reception » Zone
Located at the resort entrance 1,800 metres above sea level, the reception zone is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in the holiday season. Receptionists are on hand to provide any information you may need and give you directions.
The following services and facilities are at your disposal:
- Indoor and outdoor car parks
- Shuttle buses: call the resort transport service on +33 (0)4 50 74 01 55
- Little tourist train service
- Luggage trolleys (you’ll need a 1€ or 2€ coin)
- Luggage room (leave your luggage in a safe place every Saturday from 8:30 am to 5 pm to enjoy your day. Contact: +33 (0)4 50 74 06 45)
- Hot drinks dispenser
- Public toilets
- Cash dispenser
For your convenience when arriving with luggage, we recommend you call the resort’s own transport service, on +33 (0)4 50 74 01 55. Fare: 7€ per trip, luggage included.
The Prodains Express Cable Car Station
Located down in the Morzine valley, this lift takes just 4 minutes to carry arriving holidaymakers all the way up to Place Jean Vuarnet in Avoriaz 1800. From there, you can phone for a shuttle bus to take you to your accommodation.
The cable car operates to a set timetable, every day during the season, and there’s an outdoor car park right next to the cable car bottom station.
Our virtual tour of Avoriaz makes your life easier by helping you find your bearings at the resort.
Here are our tips for a smooth arrival in Avoriaz:
- Remember to have a pullover handy in your travel bag, as it can quickly turn chilly in the mountains.
- Avoriaz 1800 is divided into different districts. To avoid any stress on arrival, find out beforehand the name and district of your apartment building, and don’t hesitate to check the resort map and/or view the virtual tour.
- Avoriaz is a 100% pedestrianised resort, so don’t forget to bring a suitcase with wheels.
- If you arrive with a lot of luggage, you’ll find the resort’s own transport service very convenient (+33 (0)4 50 74 01 55).
Getting around on the little train
The little tourist train of Avoriaz is an easy way to travel, free of charge, between key sites within the resort.
It operates at 20-minute intervals, every day from 10am to 12.15 pm and from 1.30pm to 6pm (except Saturdays).
Route: Outdoor car park / Amara / Saskia / Falaise / Aquariaz / Place des Dromonts / Place du Snow / Merry-go-round / Cap Neige / Health centre / Resort entrance / Outdoor car park.
The tourist train does not accept luggage.
Avoriaz 1800 is a pedestrianised, car-free resort. Forget pavements and spend your holiday with both feet firmly on the grass. There are several car parks where you can leave your vehicle.
Practical guide and resort maps
Find all brochures for Avoriaz 1800. The Practical Guide is your key to a successful holiday.
Get your bearings with our resort map and the MTB and hiking trail maps to discover the Portes du Soleil crossborder mountain bike area.