- The best run in the world in 2014 with The Stash
Ranking by CNN
- The second most beautiful resort in France
Ranking by Lonely Planet
- The most innovative resort regarding sustainable development in 20144
Prize won at the World Snow Awards 2013
- The best family resort in 2012/2013
Prize won at the World Snow Awards 2012
- The French resort with the best snow coverage in 2013
Ranking by Weather to Ski and The Financial Times
- A resort listed Great Realization of 20th Century Heritage in 2003 for its architecture
THE STASH, BEST SKI RUN IN THE WORLD ACCORDING TO CNN
CNN asked pro riders to rank their favourite runs in the world and they elected The Stash as number one. Its location through the Lindarets’ forest and its natural wooden features seduce riders from all over the world.
ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL RESORTS IN FRANCE
According to Lonely Planet, Avoriaz’ location at the heart of the Portes du Soleil ski area, its guaranteed snow coverage during all winter and its pedestrianised streets make it the second most beautiful resort in France.
AVORIAZ WON THE ENVIRONMENTAL AWARD FOR ECOLOGICAL DEVELOPMENTS AT THE WORLD SNOW AWARDS
On October 31st Avoriaz won the Environmental Award for Ecological Developments at the World Snow Awards in London. Discover why Avoriaz was voted the most advanced winter sports resort when it comes to environmentally friendly design:
- Avoriaz is the only resort in France to be pedestrianised since the very start.
- Avoriaz was also the first ski resort to design holiday residences with features such as exterior insulation, snow-bearing insulating roofs and balcony construction with thermal breaks.
- Opening of an experimental ‘Bâtiment Basse Consommation’ energy-efficient holiday residence
- Construction of a dual-energy central heating plant which allows to provide 11 holiday residences and the Aquariaz with heating and hot water
- Actions to reduce, sort and process waste.
- Ecological management of water resources and optimisation of the snow production
- Special care for fauna and flora’s protection
- The Stash, Europe’s top ecological snowpark
BEST FAMILY RESORT 2012/2013
In November 2012, Avoriaz was voted “Best Family Resort” at the end of the World Snow Award prizegiving ceremony in London? This prestigius title was awarded in recognition of the resort’s exemplary approach that takes into account the expectations of the whole family:
- 100% ski-in, ski-out resort
- The fantastic teaching method of Annie Famose’s Village des Enfants tailored for children and ideally located in the heart of the resort in partnership with the nursery to alternate ski-time with sleep-time
- Children’s Village in the resort center less than 300 meters from every holiday residence
- Children’s Village tailored to children’s daily routine
- Nursery/Children’s Village partnership combining skiing and afternoon nap
- Children’s ski pass price applicable up to age 16 (can be combined with family pass)
- Free ski pass for children under 5
- Kids Parkway and Lil’Stash: two snowparks designed exclusively for children
- The new Riglet Park: new program learn to snowboard from 3 years old)
- A pedestrian resort, a wonderful snowy playground for “Après-ski” activities
- Kid’s area in Aquariaz
- New interconnecting apartments for larger groups- Winter child events (carnival, village of lights…)
- Winter events for children, including the Magical Light Show and Snow Carnival
AVORIAZ, THE SNOWIEST SKI RESORTS IN FRANCE
With a seasonal snowfall average of nearly 8m, Avoriaz is comfortably the snowiest resort in France. At resort level nowhere else even comes close.
View Weather to Ski and the Financial Times top 10 snowiest resort in Europe
LABEL OF GREAT REALIZATION OF 20TH CENTURY HERITAGE, IN 2003.
With its residences dressed all in wood; Avoriaz received the label of great realization of 20th century heritage, in 2003.