AVORIAZ, BEST FAMILY RESORT 2013
Avoriaz was voted Best Family Resort in 2013 at the World Snow Awards in London. This prestigious title was awarded in recognition of the resort’s exemplary efforts to meet the needs of the whole family
- Avoriaz is a “100% ski-in, ski-out” pedestrianised resort unique in France. Wherever you’re staying, you don’t have to catch a bus or walk on icy pavements to go skiing. It’s extremely convenient when holidaying with children.
- Annie Famose’s Village des Enfants has been welcoming young children since 1975, teaching them to ski using a method unequalled in France. The teaching principles developed here are based on play and amusement, which encourage each child to adopt the right positions in the most natural way possible.
- The Village des Enfants is in the center of the resort less than 300 metres from all the holiday residences, making it extremely convenient for families. Parents can watch their children making progress in the vast 5-hectare learning zone.
- The Village des Enfants is tailored to each child’s own pace. If a child doesn’t want to ski all day, he/she will be offered alternative indoor activities such as drawing, puppets, plasticine modelling, etc.
- Nursery / Village des Enfants partnership for alternating ski time and sleep time. If your child needs a sleep or a rest, there’s an option for younger children to be taken by the Village instructors to the nursery.
- The children’s ski pass go up to the age of 16 (can be combined with the family pass) and not only to the age of 12 as in most other ski resorts.
- The ski pass is free for children under 5!
- Kids Parkway and Lil’stash are two snowparks designed exclusively for children, where they can learn to do tricks on the freestyle features (ages 6 to 12)
- The new Riglet Park, which opened in 2012, is home to a new snowboard learning programme for children from the age of 3 that does not include a first stage on skis. (The Village des Enfants’ Learn to snowboard programme.)